- Consider arranging for a first-time camper to attend with a close friend. One method to combat potential homesickness is to come to camp with a buddy. If the buddy is close in age and signed up for the same program, they can room together in the same cabin. We have a great "Bring a Friend to Camp" offer for you as well!
- It is FINE, and sometimes more fun, to have a "fresh start" by coming on your own. If your child is coming alone, assure them that the camp counselors will make every effort to help them adjust and make new friends! The first activities the counselors lead are get-acquainted activities. Through these activities, the counselors and campers get to know each other.
- Don't buy a brand-new wardrobe. While one or two new items are fine, camp life can be a bit rough on clothing. Children, especially first-timers, will also find "old favorites" reassuring when away from home. Consider writing the name of your child in important clothes, especially for young campers. Review the Summer Camp Info with the packing list and what to bring.
- Spend time talking to your child about what camp will be like and listen to any fears and concerns. Remind your child that apprehension and homesickness are perfectly normal feelings. Scroll through our Virtual Tour on Facebook. Watch the videos of Camp Perkins on YouTube to help them see some of the videos on our YouTube Channel... - Camp Perkins: an Epic Adventure is a good one. Or Camp Perkins Summer Adventure.
You and your friend will each receive a $20 discount off your camp price when you both register for summer camp. This is in addition to any discount you receive for early registration!
And - you receive the $20 off for each new friend you bring!
To receive the discount:
1. One camper must be a returning camper, and friend must be new to Camp Perkins - never attended Camp Perkins before.*
2. Both returning camper and new camper must be registered for camp.
3. After both campers are registered, email us the following information at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org:
-Mention the Bring a Friend promotion
*Not valid for siblings or members of the same household.
*If you bring more than one new friend, you will receive a $20 discount for each!
If you are like us, you are missing the summer staff! Here is a special invitation to summer camp by some of the staff! Click this link to hear the message from our staff!
Fall 2013 Perkins Press Newsletter is now available online. Look for your copy in the mail or pick one up at your member church!
Our Gratitude Report 2012 is here! Look for a copy at your church if you attend a member congregation. Thank you to all our supporters!